We are excited to release a major update to the popular Marquee VS Code Extension. Most notably, we’ve decided to fully open source the repository (under the MIT License) to encourage community participation in Marquee's roadmap in the form of discussions, feedback, and code contributions through public channels on GitHub. At Stateful, we are determined to supercharge developers happiness and, with this release, open it up for everybody to build upon Marquee's foundation. Let’s take a look at what’s new in Marquee v2.0 and learn how you can get involved.
How do I do that, you might ask? Well, we didn't just stop at overhauling the extension code base, we've also put quite some love into the official extension website, adding documentation and visually upgrading the UI. We hope you like it as much as we do.
By the way, we've been taking detailed notes on all the feedback we have received and submitted through the extension / VS Code Marketplace. We'd like to thank everyone and encourage you to keep it up, especially more so now that the project is Open Source on GitHub. Here’s a bit of what’s new in the v2.0 release:
- The ability to change feed channels in the Hacker News widget
- A badge as notification that a widget has a filter of some sort enabled
- A input field now allows to attach tags to your todos at creation time
- A configuration toggle that modifies the default setting whether projects open in a new or same window
- Various bug fixes that were reported, including widgets not loading remote content inside of GitHub Codespaces or Gitpod.io
We hope you enjoy all the changes we've made to the extension and we'll be looking forward to engaging with you all. Come find us either on GitHub, our community channels on Discord & Gitter, or through the in-Marquee feedback channels. We have exciting plans for Marquee. We've organized GitHub issues into a roadmap which is available for review inside the code repo.
Please do not hesitate to raise issues, start a discussion, or hit us up on Discord/Gitter. Let’s collaborate on this together!
Thanks for reading and happy coding.
- The Marquee Team